Ok, let’s talk about ice cream.
It may be winter here, but to be honest at 18C I’m still thinking about ice cream, even though its cloudy, rainy and there is not a hope of sun. I have been eating a lot of it recently, I can’t help myself, because Lima has some great ice cream. Even Wong supermarket has awesome ice cream. And it’s not the regular ice cream tubs I mean, they have their own ice cream counter in their stores, so you can just casually do your shopping with an ice cream cone in hand. Freakin’ genius.
I’m going to have to start updating you with the best places and flavours, maybe one a week to keep my addiction going. I’ll tell myself I’m only eating the ice cream for research purposes and then it’s fine.
This week I have been:
READING // Alongside last week’s purchase of Citadel, I have also bought a short story by Kathy Reichs called Bones In Her Pocket. It’s still a Temperance Brennan story, but miniaturised!
WATCHING // Alongside watching the Emmy nominated House of Cards (1. Kevin Spacey is excellent, and 2. I never realised it was a British mini TV series in the 90’s first!), we are having an Alien movie marathon. After watching Prometheus, we decided to re watch them from the start. So good.
EATING // Hmmm, what have I eaten except ice cream? Maybe I should give you the name of my latest ice cream haunt Laritza D’. Good flavours, great sundaes, and FUDGE SAUCE. (I can’t find a website for these guys, if anyone knows of one, let me know)
My top online finds this week are (in no particular order):
- Trekking Peru’s Santa Cruz trail.
- Strange hotel jobs. My favourite is the guacamologist….say what?
- What makes a terrible airport….and a wishlist for a great one!
- OK Mum it’s Birthday Cake O’Clock! This week there is a chocolate theme…. This one with marshmallow frosting, or this salted caramel six layer one (both Martha Stewart), or perhaps even this one with dark chocolate ganache and raspberries (Call Me Cupcake). And just in case these aren’t enough, let’s see What Katie Ate…
- Get cravings? Sweet or salty? This article will tell you what your body is really craving.
- And just because ice cream is my ‘thang’ right now, check these koalas out. Ge-ni-us haha.